The Governing Body is made up of a combination of appointed, elected Governors representing different elements of the school and the local community which it serves.
Each Governor, other than the Headteacher, normally holds office for an agreed period. In addition, a Clerk to the Governors supports the work of the Governing Body by taking minutes, circulating agendas and documentation.
Governors are responsible for providing:
- Strong links between the school and community
- A wider experience of the outside world
- An independent view and common sense approach
- A form of accountability for the Headteacher and staff
- Support for the work of the school and its team.
Governors act as a corporate group for the best interest of the school and are responsible for policymaking and review on a number of aspects of school government. Hard copies of all school policies are available by request from the school office.
Authority Governor :
John Collins (Chair), Oliver Walker (Vice Chair), Nick Barnett, Jane Burnett, John Posnette
Kerry Dean, Stephen Rogers
George Hawkins (Headteacher) and Lucy Avena
Clerk to the Governors