Our school meals are freshly prepared daily by our in-house kitchen using local ingredients where possible. These meals are free to all children in EYFS and Key Stage 1 (R,Y1,Y2) as they are classified as 'Universal Infant Free School Meals'. However, once children enter Key Stage 2 (Y3-Y6), lunches will need to be paid for. A meal costs £2.50 per day or £12.50 per week. Meals should be paid for in advance; please see our school meals policy for full details.
The Government also offers Free School Meals for eligible children (this is entirely separate from Universal Infant Free School Meals). For more information and to check eligibility follow this link: Free School Meals.
Our latest menu can be viewed at the bottom of this page. If your child has any allergies or any special dietary requirements, please contact the school office.
Alternatively, children are welcome to bring their own packed lunch to school.
A child’s lunch should include only the following:
- A portion of starchy food, e.g. wholegrain bap/bread, sesame seed pitta bread, plain crackers, pasta or rice salad
- Fresh fruit and vegetables, e.g. apple/orange/banana, cherry tomatoes, carrots sticks, mini fruit chunks, etc
- A portion of milk or dairy food, e.g. cheese, plain/fruit yoghurt, etc.
- Small portion of lean meat, fish or alternative, e.g. two slices of ham, chicken, beef, Quorn, cheese, tuna, egg or hummus, etc.
- A drink - fruit juice (not fizzy or diluted squash), water (not flavoured), milk (not flavoured)
Parents are advised to include an ice pack. Food products prepared and stored in ambient temperatures, can after a period of between two and four hours, have increased levels of bacteria in them, which may be harmful to your child.
In addition, the school requests that parents do not include the following items in packed lunches:
- Fizzy drinks/sugary drinks
- Any nut products - we are a nut free school